Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rain

Running, lithe and bouncy,
I dash, flit and dance
Among the untainted deciduous
Sacred forests and mountains.

The wind, whipping through
All the pines, maples and firs,
Stirs up a confetti of red, yellow, brown.
I dance among the falling leaves.

The dark, wet clouds roll up,
Obscuring the bright full moon
And roof of twinkling Stars.
I lift my head up, waiting, wistful.

Twirling into an open grove,
I feel it...the soft,
Slow, sweet kisses of Rain!
I spin, and leap, and twirl with it.

Eventually, I begin to spiral
Inward from the outer grove.
The peaceful patter begins
To beat harder, harder.

As I spiral closer to the center,
It becomes a life-glood
Pulse of pure torrential
Downpour, and at peak, I stop.

Eye of the storm, ives
Me fifteen blissful minutes
Of peace, quiet, stars,
A beautiful, dewy moonlit grove.

I begin to see the clouds spin
In, and I spiral swirl with
Them, hard downpour muddies
Everything....fertilizing Mother Earth.

I worship the Great Rite,
Of Sky and Earth united
As one, wet, beautiful
Fertile land of Creation.

And as I close the spiral,
The storm thus spent, I
End, peace-filled, ecstatic,
To sit in and old tree and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment