Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oceanside Pier

In the midnight quiet of
Worry and discontent, I
Am given pause as I
Light my cigarrette, observing the Pacific.

It comes in the form,
Of the lone scraggly seagull,
Shining in the deep black
Of the star-covered sea.

He bobs and weaves,
Surfing the cool moist salty
Sea breeze of whispers.
Out, out into the deep dark night.

My night was blessed in the
Fleeting company of my
Brother in life, the
Hopeful, purposeful Gull.

All at once the peaceful
Sense of knowledge
Befell my soul and
Quieted my thoughts of worry.

It's as if Poseidon himself
Had whispered,"Stress not, for
Thy suffering holds purpose."
Through the cool embrace of the wind....

My inner resolve strengthens
As I rest myself for
The journey I plan on embarking
Upon the bright, cheerful Morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment