Saturday, March 18, 2017

Raindrops

Awaking to the patter of raindrops on the roof
Head smashed in from that Jameson 40 proof
I rush around the sleepy town for a place to pee
As I contemplate my life and why I can’t hang free

I sat all night at a tiny party
The company was jovial, laughs hearty
I could not seem to crack a smile
I just coped, feeling anxious all the while

Perchance it’s just depression
I hope I didn’t pass off the impression
Of superiority or a lack of interest
I hope I can still make friends even though I’m distant

So oft I feel bereft of life
In this world so grey and full of strife
But we desperately need to be charged, with joy
So that we can rise up and make oppressors our toy

But my candle-flame still flickers
As I watch others fill with liquors
I contemplate my existence
And plan how to do resistance.

But will any of it come to fruition?
I feel like I’m in constant addition
Of projects, dreams, goals, desires
How will I ever be all that I aspire?

And what of the wounds of the heart?
How and when will the healing start?
It’s causing me to get more and more bitter
But I must press forward… am I a quitter?

But on rainy deluge days like these,
I’ve got to stay distracted and appease
Whatever deamon makes me feel less worthwhile
Than all this capitalist shit in a pile.

I close my eyes and resist the urge to pray
For not another long drawn out day
For the period of never-ending sleep
So that I might not have to wake and weep.


No comments:

Post a Comment