Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Blues Reverie

I heard you in the car today.
The song twisted and sang blue grey.
The guitar strummed through my heart
And time stood still as I felt you, though we be far apart.

A passing soul pauses the thought
To inquire if I am deep in worry.
I turned and directed to fear naught
Though my view grew blurry.

Mind’s eye painted memories whole
Of us staring deep into one another – one soul
Entranced in a jive-inspired dance
It will possibly be the best of my time, perchance.

Thank you for risk-taking with me
I had no idea I hadn’t cleared the thicket of thorn
That had wrapped around this heart’s debris.
Have I added scars, I mourn

Into the night the car speeds forward
On and on we must continue toward
A better way of being, communicating
Instead of spreading negative feeling, making fleeing

Needed in this already grey-scale world.
Opening up about this newfound project
To others I saw wisdom hurled
And to none could I object.

May it be the beginning of a castle
Of silver linings, across the sky, ample
With which to paint a glorious new dawn sky
Maybe even finally reach stage of butterfly.

Waves of contemplation overcome what would be actions
Please help me to shirk Atlas’ burden divine
Let me mend harm wrought from my reactions
As  we constantly strive to positively redefine.


No comments:

Post a Comment