Saturday, February 27, 2016

Musings in Regards to a Lover

Watching you walk away,
Across the desert from me, to stay,
The already shattered heart breaks,
And it burns in your wakes.

The sun sets, the fire dies,
And  I'm drowning in your lies.
The lyrics of your mind haunt,
Jolting me to warble your song as  I jaunt.

From afar I watch ye run,
Gallivanting wild and free, having fun,
"Let it be, my last request to see,
True happiness... In your eyes,
Just searching for, the Sunrise for more."
Resounds around in my head,
I lost all bitterness t'wards you in stead.

Happy for you,I moved forward as well,
Got lost a bunch and had to roll with the swell,
Of the seas of life and when struck with strife,
I tried to feed your soul and remind ye of  Life.

Then you walked your own path,
And I was happy to read your laugh.
How I loathe myself for not heading your way
To see your Festie hey day.

"Life" has torn me from "priorities"
And refocused my energies
Towards paltry endeavours
That only push my buttons and pull my levers.

This new year brings resolutions
To live my Life's solutions,
Spend time with my loved ones,
And for my own tools raise funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment